jmeter-user mailing list archives

From umesh prajapati <praumes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loop Count vs Number of Threads
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:55:07 GMT
I know this has to do with different topic but i am wondering if you could
help me out on this one too if possible.

I am getting lots of connection reset error.

 at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.io.AbstractSessionInputBuffer.fillBuffer(AbstractSessionInputBuffer.java:166)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.io.SocketInputBuffer.fillBuffer(SocketInputBuffer.java:90)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.io.AbstractSessionInputBuffer.readLine(AbstractSessionInputBuffer.java:281)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultHttpResponseParser.java:92)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultHttpResponseParser.java:62)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.io.AbstractMessageParser.parse(AbstractMessageParser.java:254)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.AbstractHttpClientConnection.receiveResponseHeader(AbstractHttpClientConnection.java:289)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnection.receiveResponseHeader(DefaultClientConnection.java:252)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.receiveResponseHeader(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:191)
 at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.doReceiveResponse(HttpRequestExecutor.java:300)
 at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.execute(HttpRequestExecutor.java:127)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryExecute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:717)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:522)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:906)
 at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:805)
 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:286)
 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:62)
 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.followRedirects(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1410)
 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.resultProcessing(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1481)
 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPAbstractImpl.resultProcessing(HTTPAbstractImpl.java:251)
 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:358)
 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:62)
 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1088)
 at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1077)
 at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:428)
 at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:256)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 8:53 AM, umesh prajapati <praumesh86@gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to thank you very much for your time and help...it worked out
> ...:)
>

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Flavio Cysne <flaviocysne@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> JMeter Test Plan will look like this:
>>
>> Test Plan
>>     - CSV Data Set Config (Recycle on EOF: True, Stop thread on EOF:
>> false,
>> Sharing mode: All threads)
>>     - Thread Group (threads: 250, rampup: 0, loop: 16)
>>         - HTTP Request 1
>>             - Synchronizing Timer (threads: 250)
>>             - Constant Timer (delay:
>> ${__javaScript(${__threadNum()}*1818)}
>>  // 60000 / 33 = ~1818
>>         - HTTP Request 2
>>         - HTTP Request n
>>

>> 2013/8/16 umesh prajapati <praumesh86@gmail.com>
>>
>> > Thank you very much for making me understand what constant timer is. I
>> see
>> > you mentioned about synchronizing timer . So you have mentioned that
>> > synchronizing timer will start all the threads at the same time. But in
>> my
>> > case, I would like 33 users to login in 1 minute. And lets say i have
>> 250
>> > users in my csv file but I would like to run my test for 2 hrs. And to
>> > accomplish this I am increasing the number of loops. To complete one
>> loop
>> > lets say it takes 8 mins. so I will need around 15-16 loop counts.
>> >
>> > Number of threads: 250
>> > Ramo up: 0
>> > Loop: 16
>> >
>> > Constant timer to be added before http sampler : (60000/33) ms
>> >
>> > So do I need synchronizing timer. Because if I do add synchronizing
>> timer
>> > it will start all 250 users at once (just to be clear when you say start
>> > all at once) did you mean all 250 user login request will be sent at
>> same
>> > time.

>> same
>> next