jmeter-user mailing list archives

From umesh prajapati <praumes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loop Count vs Number of Threads
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:39:38 GMT
Thank you very much for making me understand what constant timer is. I see
you mentioned about synchronizing timer . So you have mentioned that
synchronizing timer will start all the threads at the same time. But in my
case, I would like 33 users to login in 1 minute. And lets say i have 250
users in my csv file but I would like to run my test for 2 hrs. And to
accomplish this I am increasing the number of loops. To complete one loop
lets say it takes 8 mins. so I will need around 15-16 loop counts.

Number of threads: 250
Ramo up: 0
Loop: 16

Constant timer to be added before http sampler : (60000/33) ms

So do I need synchronizing timer. Because if I do add synchronizing timer
it will start all 250 users at once (just to be clear when you say start
all at once) did you mean all 250 user login request will be sent at same
time.