jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Cysne <flaviocy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loop Count vs Number of Threads
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:25:44 GMT
Just test it here with JMeter 2.9.

Threads Group (threads: 5, rampup: 0, loop: 3)
    - Debug sampler
        - Gaussian Random Timer (deviation: 400, offset: 600)

Thread Group 1-1 started after Thread Group 1-5 second execution

Loop count is for each thread not for all threads together.

In your case, if you want to all threads start together for each loop
you'll have to use a different approach:

Synchronizing Timer using all threads
and to simulate rampup you can use a Constant Timer with this expression:
${__javaScript(${__threadNum()}*300)}
where 300 is the time gap between two threads to start.
with this the first thread will start at 300ms from test start, second at
600ms, third at 900ms, and so on

If you need to use distributed testing with this approach you'll have to
define a system property for every server (or using a property defined in
command line) with distinct values.
For example, if you have 5 machines, the first machine you'll define a
system property called custom.machine.index=1, second machine will have a
value of 2, and so on.
Constant timer expression will change slightly:
${__javaScript(${__threadNum()}*${__P(custom.machine.index,1)}*300)}

Hope it helps you.