jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <Ivan.Ranc...@t-systems.com>
Subject AW: Multiple Jmeter instance on same machine.
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:01:44 GMT
If I may ask, are the multiple Jmeter instances used:
- to run different test scripts
or
- because multiple VM use better the memory, with more frequent but less blocking garbage
collection...

Thanks
Ivan

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Adrian Speteanu [mailto:asp.adieu@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. August 2013 10:26
An: JMeter Users List
Betreff: Re: Multiple Jmeter instance on same machine.

Hi,

I always run multiple instances on the same machines, but never tried it with distributed
mode.

So, to the question of multiple instances: it is definitely possible and scales quite nicely,
but do be careful on memory allocation (the total -Xmx in your configuration should not exceed
the total memory that you have available on the machine; leave some for the OS as well).

Adrian S