jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load testing, Continuous Integration, failing on build-over-build degradation
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:25:47 GMT
Hi,

Check my attempt of an answer bellow.

Regards,
Adrian S

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Marc Esher <marc.esher@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I'm integrating our load tests into our CI environment, with the goal of
> identifying performance degradation as soon as possible. The idea is is to
> use some kind of threshold, from one CI build to the next, to identify when
> performance has dipped to an unacceptable level from one run to another.
>
> I'm using Jenkins, currently.
>
> Anyone have any guidance, strategy, experience, wisdom here?
>
> The Jenkins Performance Plugin is decent for reporting trends, but it has
> no capabilities to automatically spot problems.

What is your exact expectation regarding to this last phrase?

I'm currently using the maven plugin, and it integrates nicely with the
jenkins plugin that you mentioned. The tests fail when expected. Here are
the configurations made to the pom.xml (I followed the tutorial from the
jenkins plugin project when first setting up this test project). The
threshold for failures are set in the jenkins plugin and they work.

                <groupId>com.lazerycode.jmeter</groupId>
                <artifactId>jmeter-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>jmeter-tests</id>
                        <phase>verify</phase>