jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run Samplers at fixed percentages but in a randomized fashion
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 16:51:27 GMT
On 26 June 2013 17:45,  <shweta.subramani@nokia.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am an intern and completely new to the domain of performance testing. I have managed
to figure out basic features of jmeter. My task is to be able to create a test where 80% of
my users search for a particular app on one list, 20% search for apps on another list and
on the overall, 20% of these make download requests. I need to use HTTP request sampler for
the above. I broke down my scenario into a first subtask of configuring the 80-20 without
a list i.e. making a request to 1 url only. However, loop controller fires the requests in
a sequential order. How can I randomize the requests?

> E.g If I had 10 users 8 of them would request for A 2 would request for B but I don't
want it to be <AAAAAAAABB> or <BBAAAAAAAA> always.

> Any help will be appreciated.

This has been discussed a few times before on the mailing list.

Search the archives for Random and Switch Controller.