jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shmuel Krakower <shmul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Measuring page load / rendering time
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2013 10:24:46 GMT
Hi
I am not sure you really need the page rendering time in your case.
If you think you need it as part of the load tests, this is because you
think that the dynamic load of next 100 items is related somehow with the
rendering time.

In fact, you can measure loading times of the main page and interact with
the relevant AJAX call to get the next 100 items and so on.
So if you build up your load test to interact with those two services (main
page and web service which gets X amount of items) you can load your system
properly and get some figures.

As Adrian wrote, measuring rendering times may diverse and currently no
good technology to cover this with load tests.

Shmuel Krakower.
www.Beatsoo.org - re-use your jmeter scripts for application performance