jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jomebrew <aiellos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to run for 500 threads
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:48:29 GMT
I run exclusively in GUI mode and run two thread groups with 250 threads
each.  They share data and thread groups and run perpetually.  I am running
on an older 2ghz dual quad core server.  I can run four instances of this
scenario with a total of 2000 threads.   One thread group is in a tight
loop waiting for events and one thread group is sending different requests
based on a random chance.   Each instance of the four instances handles a
couple hundred thousand transactions to a million a day.  I run instances
for a few days to a week.

I use the Simple Data Writer, View Results Tree (for errors only), Results
Summary and Aggregate report in GUI mode.  I should try non-gui mode one
day but I like looking at aggregate report data.

This will use about 90% of CPU and about 4GB memory.  JMeter 2.9 uses a lot
more CPU but less memory than 2.6.