jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Robin D. Wilson" <rwils...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Measuring page load / rendering time
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 13:53:59 GMT
Look at iMacros from here:

    http://www.iopus.com/imacros/

They allow you to script actual browser sessions (in a variety of different browsers).

Keep in mind, JMeter serves as the tool for exercising the backed (server) part of the web
connection. You use it to generate requests to the servers, so you can validate that your
servers can handle the load of thousands (or even millions) of browsers making requests. Whereas
iMacros is designed to test the browser side of the system, letting you see what the browser
sees, and how quickly it performs. When you test the browser side, you really don't need to
generate a heavy load, because each browser will be running on _one_ computer - usually. So
if your JMeter shows that your server can handle the load you want, then the iMacros can just
check what that looks like on a single browser instance (of course, you'll want to test all
the supported browsers for your system).

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861