jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Robin D. Wilson" <rwils...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Reusable JMeter Modules
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 22:10:11 GMT
We do this all the time. Our test cases include 'modules' to do things like 'login', and 'registration',
etc. You want to use User
Variables, and User Parameters, and Include Controllers and Module Controllers in order to
accomplish this.

--
Robin D. Wilson
Sr. Director of Web Development
KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.
VOICE: 512-777-1861
http://www.kingsisle.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Wanjun Wang [mailto:wangwan@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:16 PM
To: user@jmeter.apache.org
Subject: Reusable JMeter Modules

Is it possible to design reusable modules within JMeter?  For example, there are 3 pages with
same design.  Each has main response
and an additional AJAX request.  I'd like to have one module that takes a parameter to navigate
to the specified page.  This way, if
there's any change, I just need to change one place instead of 3.  Can JMeter test be written
just through Java API's without using
the GUI, as the GUI doesn't seem to support any modularization?  Thanks.

Regards, Wanjun