jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Output from running Java in Beanshell | receiving only 'class ${classname}'
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 00:29:26 GMT
On 29 April 2013 01:11, stuntgirl <faux_fur@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think I might be getting somewhere. At least, I'm a step closer.
>
> Just to be clear - when I run this, can I expect that the output from this
> file appears in the response data (under view results tree)? I can see it
> displaying on the console window, but not within the JMeter GUI.

View Results Tree shows the output of samplers only.

In the case of BeanShell Sampler,

"The SampleResult ResponseData is set from the return value of the script.
Since version 2.1.2, if the script returns null, it can set the response
directly, by using the method SampleResult.setResponseData(data), where
data is either a String or a byte array. The data type defaults to "text",
but can be set to binary by using the method
SampleResult.setDataType(SampleResult.BINARY)."

See
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#BeanShell_Sampler

Standard output only goes to the console; it is not automatically captured
by JMeter.