jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: difference between BSF Sampler and BSF Preprocessor
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:04:14 GMT
On 8 April 2013 12:17, Shmuel Krakower <shmulikk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> The main diff is that a sampler will generate a result which will show up
> in your results jtl file while preprocessor will run before a specific
> sampler (and if I am not wrong, its execution time will be added to the
> elapsed time of it's parent sampler).

No; pre-processors are run before the sampler starts the timer.
Likewise post-processors run after the sampler timer has been stopped.

Regarding the second question I think it means that the script will be
> parsed with every iteration so you may use stuff like ${var name}
> On Apr 8, 2013 12:09 PM, <namrata.m50@wipro.com> wrote:

Not quite. If the interpreter is saved between invocations it means that
interpreter variables are preserved.
In both cases th script is processed by JMeter before being passed to the
interpreter.

Re-using the interpreter should be a bit more efficient.
But the main intention of the scripting elements is to allow prototyping.
For maximum performance, a compiled Java solution would be better.