jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Will jmeter pick up error 324?
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 11:06:59 GMT
Hi,

If you make a minimum validation on that sampler, it will pick up any
scenario that its not expected. Is 3xx an error code? Have no idea about
324 but the ones I've worked with are actually expected behaviour, so test
shouldn't fail. 4xx/5xx are handled correctly/automatically. WIth response
code validation, you can even tell your test plan to accept 4xx situations
as valid in a particular test (just check for the expected code and check
ignore status in the GUI of the Response Assertion).

So my assumption is that you need to add some validation in the test (i.e.
if you were expecting something in content and had an assertion, it should
have failed when response was null).

Cheers,
Adrian S