jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: when is a sample not a sample?
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 10:59:45 GMT
Hi,

Listeners apply to their parent and all samples that are childs from their
parent level down. This is the only way to reduce the scope of a listener:
to add it in a different controller which contains only the samplers you
want to monitor. It is not always possible to do because you still want to
respect a certain sequence of samples sometimes. So when this happens, but
I still want to exclude some of the requests, I add different listeners as
child to every sampler I am interested in.

The only selective conditions available to listeners is success/failure. So
if you fail a request that doesn't meet a condition you can choose to
monitor only those that meet your expectations - but that means increasing
the error rate artificially (which is not a problem, if you only monitor
the successes anyway). Its not elegant, I don't recommend it.

Maybe some plugin does the job, but never searched for it, as I never
needed this scenario to work before.

Cheers,
Adrian S