jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does the Response Time Graph and Thread Group works
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 23:32:31 GMT
1) Threads (in your case 4000) run in parallel . Within a thread everything
(the 10 requests) run sequentially. So thread 1 to 4000 will all start at
the same time (no ramp up) and  make HTTPrequest1 . Lets say Thread1
returns the response then it will move on to the next request and each
thread will do the same. however since your server response time will vary
, different threads might be on different requests or processing responses.

2) " If many samples exist for the same timestamp, the mean value is
displayed." --
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Response_Time_Graph
It depends on how many threads are executing the request at the same time -
its unlikely there are 4000

3) Use a synchronizing timer  --
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Synchronizing_Timer