jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GUI getting slower?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 12:46:12 GMT
Hello,
@Kostas, there is a clear recommandation to do test in NON GUI mode.
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html

Since 2.5 there has been a lot of fixes on somes GUI issues related to
synchronization problems, they may have incurred some performance
degradations although I didn't notice them on the few tests I did. There
has been a Bugzilla opened a while ago and tests didn't show it clearly

See:

   - http://jmeter.apache.org/changes.html
   - http://jmeter.apache.org/changes_history.html

@Kirk,
Since 2.5 there has been quite a lot improvements on Memory and
Performances.
Among this:

   - fixes on memory leaks
   - fixes on memory usage by Regexp Extractor which consumed the double
   of a response size
   - fixes in core

In 2.9, we introduced a performance improvement that may have increased
usage of memory which in summary caches the response so that it is not
converted/parsed as many times as there are post processors.

My tests showed an important performance gain if post-processors were used
which in my opinion is the majority of cases.

So at first sight I doubt there is performance degradation between 2.5 and
2.9 but I may be wrong.

Don' t hesitate to open an issue with a sample test plan and as many
informations as you have

Regards

Philippe M.