jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Cysne <flaviocy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CSV dataset to refresh value with every reference
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:00:46 GMT
AFAIK, there isn't a method to do a "readNext" on the CSV file.

Maybe using a BeanShell Post-Processor to simulate part of
the iterationStart method in CSVDataSet class is a way to solve it.

Code extracted from iterationStart method that is relevant to the question:

103        FileServer server = FileServer.getFileServer();
113            String _fileName = getFilename();
114            String mode = getShareMode();
115            int modeInt = CSVDataSetBeanInfo.getShareModeAsInt(mode);
116            switch(modeInt){
117                case CSVDataSetBeanInfo.SHARE_ALL:
118                    alias = _fileName;
119                    break;
120                case CSVDataSetBeanInfo.SHARE_GROUP:
121                    alias =
_fileName+"@"+System.identityHashCode(context.getThreadGroup());
122                    break;
123                case CSVDataSetBeanInfo.SHARE_THREAD:
124                    alias =
_fileName+"@"+System.identityHashCode(context.getThread());
125                    break;
126                default:
127                    alias = _fileName+"@"+mode; // user-specified key
128                    break;
129            }
149               if (getQuotedData()) {
150                lineValues = server.getParsedLine(alias, recycle,
firstLineIsNames, delim.charAt(0));
151            } else {
152                String line = server.readLine(alias, recycle,
firstLineIsNames);
153                lineValues = JOrphanUtils.split(line, delim, false);
154            }

With some aspects already known from CSV Dataset Config you could restrict
the code executed in BeanShell to a few lines.