jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Greg Akins <angryg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter for Desktop Applications?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 13:28:47 GMT
> No one can answer your question unless you provide more information about
> the architecture of the application.
> Ans: Actually I am new to JMeter. I didn't know what kind of information is required,
but now I got the idea. Thanks for your reply. Looking forward for your help.

I'm new to JMeter as well.  There is a lot of information at
http://jmeter.apache.org

First, JMeter is meant to test the load on systems from multiple
threads, or users.  Since you've got a client application, it will
likely only have one user at a time.

It makes more sense, to me, that you test the database response
independent of the windows application.

JMeter can execute a load against a database ( I THINK.. again, I'm
new to JMeter also) using JDBC connections.   I searched Google for
"jmeter database load testing"  and got a lot of useful information.