jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Jara <marceloj...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Adding abandonment rate to my test plan help
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:55:27 GMT
Hmm. I can try that.
Is there a way to stop the iteration in a beanshell post processor? I'm thinking of doing
the following:
1) Have percentages set as user defined variables    a) AbandonAfterSearch = 10%   b) AbandonAfterAddingToCart
= 10%   c) AbandonAfterCheckout = 20%
These don't have to add up to 100% and are mutually exclusive.
2) Add a beanshell post processor in each sampler. In it, generate a random number and compare
it to the Abandon rate  from step 1. If it's lower, then continue execution. Otherwise, stop
the iteration.

I read an old thread (http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/BeanShell-Assertion-Can-a-failed-assertion-force-the-next-iteration-of-a-loop-td533789.html)
which says something like this may not work.
Is this still the case?
> From: aadrahtas@bluestoneinternational.com
> To: user@jmeter.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Adding abandonment rate to my test plan help
> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:44:38 +0000
>
> One way you can do this is create a switch controller with 4 children as simple controllers.
The first child (the first simple controller under the switch controller) contains all four
steps of your test 1) Searching, 2) Adding to Cart, 3)Checking out 4) Purchase. The second
child only contains steps 1) to 2). The third child contains steps 1) to 3). The fourth child
contains only step 1). For the switch controller, set the switch value to a variable read
from a CSV file. Have 100 entries on the file with numbers 0,1,2,3. Choose the proportion
of 0,1,2,3's according to your needs and have jmeter recycle at EOF. This way you will have
the exact percentage of users you need to abandon on each step. For instance, a 0 would mean
the user completes all 4 steps, a 1 would mean the user abandons before Checking out, etc.

> Andreas Adrahtas - Analyst
> Blue Stone International, LLC
>
> Mobile: +646-266-0238
> www.bluestoneinternational.com
>
> E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying
documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed
to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message,
including any attachment. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of
this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited

flow is a user making a purchase on a web site. So it includes 1) Searching, 2) Adding to
cart, 3) Checking out, 4) Purchase.
> To be more realistic, I want to add abandonment rates. So I want to add something that
would stop the iteration at either steps 1, 2, or 3. And this should be weighted so more people
would abandon at step 3 vs step 1.
> What's the best way to do this? Do I add an IF statement before each step and then based
on a percentage, either perform the action or not?