jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Adamo,Vince" <vad...@paypal.com>
Subject RE: oracle jdbc trace
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:28:42 GMT
My apologies for sending out this post.  I am using ant to run my instance of jmeter and quickly
realized I needed to add the jvm args in the ant build.xml file and not in jmeter.bat.  Again,
I apologize for any time you may have spent looking into this...

-----Original Message-----
From: Adamo,Vince [mailto:vadamo@paypal.com]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 1:54 PM
To: user@jmeter.apache.org
Subject: oracle jdbc trace

Hello,

Has anyone been successful in configuring JMeter to log Oracle JDBC trace messages?  I have
confirmed that I copied the correct debug driver (i.e. ojdbc6_g.jar) to {jmeter_install}/lib
and that no other oracle jar is present.  I have modified the jmeter.bat file to include the
following JVM arg: -Doracle.jdbc.Trace=true And I have tried the following in my efforts to
generate JDBC trace messages:

1)      modified jmeter.properties to include "log_level.oracle.jdbc=FINE"

2)      modified log4j.conf to include a similar entry "log4j.logger.oracle.jdbc.level=FINE"

3)      and have also created a separate OracleLog.properties file with entries as recommended
in the white paper titled by "Oracle JDBC Logging using java.util.logging"

For 2 and 3 above I added the recommended jvm option "-Djava.util.logging.config.file={location}"

I think it has something to do with how JMeter handles logging that might be incompatible
with the oracle driver trace logging implementation, but I'm not sure how to get around that.

Thanks,
Vince