jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Stott, Charlie" <CSt...@tnsi.com>
Subject RE: JMeter for Desktop Applications?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 01:09:21 GMT
I don't think this jmeter is going to be a lot of use to you.  Maybe for DB load, but there
are better alternatives.

For WPF testing, why wouldn't you be using MS tools for your automation?

-----Original Message-----
From: Amit Kumar [mailto:amit.srpce@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 10 April 2013 11:21 PM
To: JMeter Users List; angrygreg@gmail.com
Subject: Re: JMeter for Desktop Applications?

Dear Greg:

You have to provide more information.
What type of desktop application is it?  Java Swing, .Net, MSF?
*Ans: .NET (WPF)*

Are you expecting to test the client response, the server response, the entire system?
*Ans: Entire System*

Is the server just a database, or is there a HTTP server supporting the application?
*Ans: Just a Database*

No one can answer your question unless you provide more information about the architecture
of the application.
*Ans: Actually I am new to JMeter. I didn't know what kind of information is required, but
now I got the idea. Thanks for your reply. Looking forward for your help.  *

--
Thanks and Regards,
Amit