jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <namrata....@wipro.com>
Subject RE: difference between BSF Sampler and BSF Preprocessor
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 06:38:23 GMT
Hi Shmuel,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please tell me If I want to generate a timestamp value, which one should I use? A
BSF Sampler or a BSF Preprocessor?
(As this value is generated only once but used multiple times in one thread group)

How exactly are these (BSF Sampler and BSF Preprocessor) interpreted?

If I use a variable, say, 'samlper_var_1', in first Thread group.
Then in the second thread group if I use another (different) variable with same name;
Will this be a problem during load test?

Regards,
Namrata
From: Shmuel Krakower [shmulikk@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 4:47 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: difference between BSF Sampler and BSF Preprocessor

Hi
The main diff is that a sampler will generate a result which will show up
in your results jtl file while preprocessor will run before a specific
sampler (and if I am not wrong, its execution time will be added to the
elapsed time of it's parent sampler).

Regarding the second question I think it means that the script will be
parsed with every iteration so you may use stuff like ${var name}
On Apr 8, 2013 12:09 PM, <namrata.m50@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you please tell me what is the difference between BSF Sampler and BSF
> Preprocessor?
> If I want to generate a timestamp value, which one should I use?
>
> In User manuel I saw a statement under 'BSF Sampler' that:
>     "Unlike the BeanShell sampler, the interpreter is not saved between
> invocations."
> What does it mean?

> Regards,
> Namrata