jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <namrata....@wipro.com>
Subject RE: difference between BSF Sampler and BSF Preprocessor
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 06:37:50 GMT
Hi Sebb,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please tell me If I want to generate a timestamp value, which one should I use? A
BSF Sampler or a BSF Preprocessor?
(As this value is generated only once but used multiple times in one thread group)

How exactly are these (BSF Sampler and BSF Preprocessor) interpreted?

If I use a variable, say, 'samlper_var_1', in first Thread group.
Then in the second thread group if I use another (different) variable with same name;
Will this be a problem during load test?

Regards,
Namrata
From: sebb [sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 8:34 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: difference between BSF Sampler and BSF Preprocessor

On 8 April 2013 12:17, Shmuel Krakower <shmulikk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> The main diff is that a sampler will generate a result which will show up
> in your results jtl file while preprocessor will run before a specific
> sampler (and if I am not wrong, its execution time will be added to the
> elapsed time of it's parent sampler).

No; pre-processors are run before the sampler starts the timer.
Likewise post-processors run after the sampler timer has been stopped.

Regarding the second question I think it means that the script will be
> parsed with every iteration so you may use stuff like ${var name}
> On Apr 8, 2013 12:09 PM, <namrata.m50@wipro.com> wrote:

Not quite. If the interpreter is saved between invocations it means that
interpreter variables are preserved.
In both cases th script is processed by JMeter before being passed to the
interpreter.

Re-using the interpreter should be a bit more efficient.
But the main intention of the scripting elements is to allow prototyping.
For maximum performance, a compiled Java solution would be better.