jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Papadopoulos <kos...@methodosit.com.cy>
Subject GUI getting slower?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 08:48:13 GMT

We have been using JMeter version 2.5 to do some performance testing. I
recently installed JMeter version 2.9 and I found that the test results for
the same tests are very different when using the GUI. In one instance, the
same test gives throughput 4500/sec with version 2.5 and 3800/sec with 2.9.
Running non-gui on both versions gives comparable results (within 2%). I'm
running these tests on the same exact environment for both version (same
machines, application to be tested, java version, database, data, etc.)

Is this to be expected? Is the recommended practise to run only non-gui? Or
is it something to be looked at more carefully?

Please excuse me if this has this been addressed before.

--
Best Regards

Kostas Papadopoulos

K.E MethodosIT Ltd