jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Lloyd <oliver_ll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is Jmeter Scalable?
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 20:09:40 GMT
In a word, yes. There's lots of approaches you can take (commercial, open source, roll your
own) but the concept is well proven. I routinely run tests at higher volumes than you mention
with no problems. My personal approach is to run lots of jmeter processes as isolated silos
and group the results later - this is logically very scalable. But there's been significant
work lately on making the Distributed Mode more efficient so you may have success there.

In industry terms I personally know of several high profile companies that use JMeter as their
standard tool and there is also a video kicking around where Google talk about how they use
it for their load testing. In each case they opted to build their own framework; it's not
really that hard and the cost savings are stupendous.

On 3 Mar 2013, at 19:54, Sarndeep Nijjar <sarndeepnijjar@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im looking to delve further into jmeter and use it as the standard tool I use for all
of my clients that require performance testing. Ive started looking at running jmeter via
cloud injectors so I can get some pretty decent load, but I want to understand how scalable
it is.

> Has anyone had any experience at running Jmeter, either via cload injectors or just from
a big server for say 6000+ concurrent users? did it perform well, were the results accurate?