jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not able to log "throughput" in a log file
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:27:47 GMT
On 27 March 2013 11:51, Flavio Cysne <flaviocysne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Throughput is a relation of bytes transferred per second. In JMeter,
> Aggregate Report shows it per label, not per sample. Although throughput is
> not logged in each httpSample, it should be calculated by dividing the
> attribute's values "by" per "t".

That's bytes / elapsed time.

> I'll not subtract latency ( attribute "lt"
> ) because, in almost all samples, it is equal or greater than response time
> ( attribute "t" ), even it's conceptually wrong.

Latency is often the same as elapsed time.
This is becaused it is measured to the end of the first read from the response.
Often the first read contains the whole response.

Latency will be zero in samplers that don't calculate it.

It should never be greater than elapsed.
If there are such cases using the samplers provided with JMeter,
please raise a bug report.