jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is Jmeter Scalable?
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 13:56:31 GMT
Hi,

6000 users is easy to do.

For insanely larger tests (how about 1 million calls per second?), you
might find that other tools scale better. But only slightly, the difference
is given maybe not by the tool itself, as it is given by the technology
behind it. And those tools that I know of and seen in use, they aren't as
extensible as JMeter. As it uses Java and  there are so many systems
working on Java, you can imagine its pretty performant.

Mind you that all large tests come with quirks. So do the tools you use, no
matter which they are. If your approach is correct, JMeter will scale both
vertically and horizontally... You don't really need clouding services to
do it if you have the patience to take the hard approach, but if you don't
have much time at your disposal, they might prove useful.

Regards,
Adrian Speteanu