jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persist JSESSIONID throughout a TestPlan
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:28:16 GMT
This question has been asked before, but I don't remember a time it has
been solved.

You'll want to create a variable in one of the thread group, such as
"variable_<number_of_thread>" and then all other threads will be able to
reference it. Of course, you'll need to make thread groups with an equal
number of threads. Creating the variable is easy, but making it accessible
to the other threads was not possible in older version (? maybe I'm
mistaken about this, but I looked to implement this particular use-case 3
years ago and found no solution). However, with the versions released in
the last couple of years, you have the beanshell server that can help with
this. I haven't tested it yet, its in my to do list, but I think someone
explained how it can be used to update a variable from within multiple
threads, the same principle should apply in your use case. Also, there is a
plugin:
http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/wiki/InterThreadCommunication, that
might do the job, but again, haven't had the time to use it myself.

So you're use-case is doable, but you should be double-careful :) and test
that what you think you are doing is actually what is happening. With
thread sharing and concurrency you can easily run into weird situations
(i'm thinking other values than expected, but memory leaks aren't excluded
either).

Good luck with this.

Also, please be kind and let us know what solution you used in the end. I
think you should appreciate how useful this contribution might be for
someone else.

Thanks,
--Adrian S