jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Niraj <niraj.khatm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter Plugin with Sonar
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:41:06 GMT
Thanks Carlos for a detailed explanation. However i am still not able to
view JMeter results.

Please find below steps which i have followed:
1. Downloaded jmeter-sonar-plugin-0.3 and copied to
C:\sonar-3.5\extensions\plugins.
2. Restarted SONAR.

But Can you please let me know when i have Sonar and .jtl file on same
machine, where i need to specify path of .jtl file.

Also when i have added JMeter widget to dashboard, i got the error "An
error occurred while trying to display the widget "jmeter". Please contact
the administrator."

Thanks,
Niraj

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 2:24 AM, Carlos Fillol Sendra <carfilse@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>
> JMeter Sonar Plugin will try to get jtl info when 'mvn sonar:sonar' is
> invoked.
>
> So you will have to:
>
>    - Configure and run jmeter-report-server in the remote machine where you
>    have the jtl file. Basically:
>

>    - Download and uncompress jmeter-report-server-0.3 last
> snapshot<
> http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/sonar-plugins/jmeter/jmeter-report-server/0.3-SNAPSHOT/jmeter-report-server-0.3-20130128.181910-2-dist.zip
> >
>       - Add a line like this in properties/jmeter-report-server.properties:
>
> testconfig.*yourconfigname*.jtlpath=*/path/to/jtl/file.jtl*
>
>    - Start jmeter-report-server so it will be ready to receive incoming
>       requests from jmeter sonar from sonar machine. You can do this
> executing
>       jmeter-report-server.bat (in Windows) or jmeter-report-server.bat.
>

>    - Download jmeter-sonar-plugin-0.3 last
> snaphot<
> http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/sonar-plugins/jmeter/sonar-jmeter-plugin/0.3-SNAPSHOT/sonar-jmeter-plugin-0.3-20130128.182314-2.jar
> >into
> Sonar machine, into Sonar extensions/plugins folder, and restart
> Sonar.
>    - Configure JMeter Plugin parameters in the corresponding project in
>    Sonar web portal. You have to set jmeter-report-server machine IP and
> port
>    (default port is 4444), and the test config name (in this case it would
> be
>    *yourconfigname*)
>    - Go to project sources folder in Sonar machine and run command 'mvn
>    sonar:sonar'. This will make that jmeter-sonar-plugin try to bring
> jmeter
>    test results from jmeter-report-server. This will work on a basic
>    installation of Sonar. In case that you use jenkins or hudson in an
> other
>    machine you may have to configure maven there to be able to find Sonar
>    server.
>

> All that in the case that jtl file was in another machine different than
> the machine where Sonar runs. If the case that jtl file was in the same
> Sonar machine, things became less difficult: you wouldn't have to install
> Jmeter Report Server (only JMeter Sonar Plugin), and it will be enough to
> configure jtl file local location in Sonar configuration of your project.
>

> Regards,
>
> Carlos Fillol
>
> 2013/3/21 Niraj <niraj.khatmode@gmail.com>
>
> > I will check with Sonar folks if they can help me. If i am able to
> resolve
> > this then i will add solution in thread. Thanks!
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Adrian Speteanu <asp.adieu@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Oops, I shouldn't have assumed you're running it in/with Jenkins. I'm
> > stuck
> > > then also. Maybe the people from Sonar can help you.

Server host