jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Carlos Fillol Sendra <carfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter Plugin with Sonar
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:55:26 GMT
Hi Niraj,

To add a project you will need the sources of that project.
If is a java project using maven its "easy peasy":

   - You will need java and sonar installed and running, but you have
   allready completed this steps, so go ahead.
   - Install maven. Download last
version<http://maven.apache.org/download.cgi>,
   unzip and point to *bin* subfoder from PATH enviroment variable. Check
   if installation was fine by executing command 'mvn --version'
   - Download project sources. Remember that it has to be a java project
   using maven. You can create a simple project example with this command:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart
-DgroupId=examples -DartifactId=simple-project -Dversion=1.0
-DinteractiveMode=false

   - Go inside the sources root folder (pom.xml file must be in there) and
   execute this commands:

cd simple-project
mvn sonar:sonar

Alter all, you can navigate to http://localhost:9000 and see if your
project info is there.
For more info in analyzing no maven or no java projects you can take a look
to sonar documentation<http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Analyzing+Source+Code>
.

Regards,
Carlos Fillol

2013/3/25 Niraj <niraj.khatmode@gmail.com>

> Thanks again Carlos.
>
> But looks like i am missing on something. As i have mentioned earlier that
> i don't have any projects added. So when i am project dashboard. I don't
> see any thing.
>
> Can you please provide me some pointers which will help me to add projects?
>
> Thanks,
> Niraj
>
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Carlos Fillol Sendra
> <carfilse@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi Niraj,
> >
> > Try this. Tested with Sonar 3.5:
> >
> >    - Go to your project dashboard and select Configuration > Settings >
> >    JMeter (be careful, this is your project configuration for jmeter
> sonar
> >    plugin, do not select Settings > Configuration > JMeter, that will
> bring
> >    yot to the global configuration for all the projects)
> >    - In project configuration of JMeter sonar plugin you will see a
> >    property named *Local jtl file*. Set the local path to your project
> >    jtl file in this property.
> >
> > [image: Imágenes integradas 1]
> >
> > 2013/3/22 Niraj <niraj.khatmode@gmail.com>
> >
> >> Thanks Carlos for a detailed explanation. However i am still not able to
> >> view JMeter results.
> >>
> >> Please find below steps which i have followed:
> >> 1. Downloaded jmeter-sonar-plugin-0.3 and copied to
> >> C:\sonar-3.5\extensions\plugins.
> >> 2. Restarted SONAR.
> >>
> >> But Can you please let me know when i have Sonar and .jtl file on same
> >> machine, where i need to specify path of .jtl file.
> >>
> >> Also when i have added JMeter widget to dashboard, i got the error "An
> >> error occurred while trying to display the widget "jmeter". Please
> contact
> >> the administrator."
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Niraj
> >>

> >> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 2:24 AM, Carlos Fillol Sendra <
> carfilse@gmail.com

> >> 0.3

> where
> >> you

> http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/sonar-plugins/jmeter/jmeter-report-server/0.3-SNAPSHOT/jmeter-report-server-0.3-20130128.181910-2-dist.zip

> >> properties/jmeter-report-server.properties:

> [...]
Server
> >> host
> >> if

wrote on 03/20/2013