jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Lokesh K Sharma" <lokesh.sha...@hqcc.sahara.co.in>
Subject Re: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:55:05 GMT
Hi Everyone,

First of all thank you Robin for your help.

Friends with the help of robin's 2nd point the problem got resolved
partially, Yes here in our organization we have a proxy server on port 80 so
we decided to give a try by removing organizations internet connection and
used personal direct internet connection because that i guess do not have
any proxy settings.

After using personal direct internet connection we changed the browser
connection settings as "Auto-detect proxy settings for this network" and
saved the browser settings. Now when we provided server name
"jmeter.apache.org" in Http request defaults and clicked on "Start" button
of "HTTP Proxy Server" after entering all required fields. It provided us
the results in "View Result Tree" (with green color sign mean "success/pass"
i guess) and created a record in "Recording Controller".

But now when we tried the same way to record internal website of my
organization (which i have to test finally), but we were not able to do the
same because the site we tried to access is on intranet and we are using
direct internet connection.

As per discussion with a colleague we come to know as we have our own proxy
server on port 80 might be because of same we are unable to access our
internal sites by making "localhost" on port "8080" so we tried as per Robin
suggestion by making it "localhost" on port "8181" but it didn't work!

Now i guess the process we are following is correct but the problem is with
jmeter connectivity with browser setting and same time we need to keep in
mind that here we have our own proxy server on port 80. So friends please
suggest me how start working on Jmeter on a site which is on intranet and
when we already have a proxy server on port 80.

Waiting for your responses!!!!

Thanks and Best regards,

Lokesh Kumar Sharma

Sahara India