jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Tracy <Aaron.Tr...@octanner.com>
Subject RE: Regular Expression Extractor Returns Spaces instead of characters
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:48:26 GMT
The debug postprocessor displays the correct information

authenticity_token=eEUvCjd8Qw9HtaAsVyXjQVGiWHwPUT9uhtwZw+xusK8=
authenticity_token_g=1
authenticity_token_g0=content="eEUvCjd8Qw9HtaAsVyXjQVGiWHwPUT9uhtwZw+xusK8=" name="csrf-token
authenticity_token_g1=eEUvCjd8Qw9HtaAsVyXjQVGiWHwPUT9uhtwZw+xusK8=

But when I view it in the next http request where it's used as a value for one of my parameters,
it is eEUvCjd8Qw9HtaAsVyXjQVGiWHwPUT9uhtwZw xusK8

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:41 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Regular Expression Extractor Returns Spaces instead of characters

On 26 March 2013 22:19, Aaron Tracy <Aaron.Tracy@octanner.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>   I've got a regular expression ( content=\"([A-Za-z0-9!"#$%&'()*+,./:;<=>?@\^_`{|}~-]+)\"
name="csrf-token ) That grabs my authentication token, the problem that I'm having is that
when I use the variable that should have my authentication token that looks like this:

> ELVM+rEgERKSGA4d9mld+PiMf1dRtub9wuuBE1rKflM=
>
> Is stored in the variable and used in another request, the + and = are stripped from
the token and

Check the contents of the variable using a Debug Sampler.

How/where is the variable being used?

> ELVM rEgERKSGA4d9mld PiMf1dRtub9wuuBE1rKflM
>
> Is used instead which causes my script to break.  I've tried to wrap a function around
it to replace all spaces with a + but that didn't work ( not to mention this doesn't handle
the missing = ).  How do I escape the + and = characters so the variable retains the + and
= signs?