jmeter-user mailing list archives

From shruthi <Shruthi...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Jmeter Applets - help required
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:08:38 GMT
Hi Niraj,

First I recorded the script. On the login request, both the user id and password values are
encrypted. I can only see some special characters in place of the values I entered. Now, due
to this I was not able to parameterize them. So I did the below to overcome this issue: before
the recording, I added a user defined variable controller and added 2 variables - user id
and password. Then I recorded the script. When I have followed this in the web apps, I find
that the user id and password get parameterized while recording if user defined variable controller
is added. However, in this case it did not. Playback failed. And all the requests subsequent
to login has the initial issue (which I had mailed, where the request was getting redirected
to login).

Hope this clarifies. Let me know if you need more info for analysis.

Regards
Shruthi

From: niraj [via JMeter] [mailto:ml-node+s512774n5716484h38@n5.nabble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:20 AM
To: Shruthi B. S.
Subject: Re: Jmeter Applets - help required

I am kind of confuse over here. So let me understand your issue.

First you recorded script. On login request you can see Username and
Password. Am i right?

Then you have added CSV data set config and provided CSV Path on that. Then
you replaced hard coded User name and password with Variables. Correct me
if i am wrong.

When you say User ID and Password are encrypted. Where exactly encryption
getting applied?

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/Jmeter-Applets-help-required-tp5716463p5716484.html