jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing prev object as a DOM
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:57:45 GMT
On 6 February 2013 19:33, Michael Sobczak <msobczak@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I don't see how the Java API shows how to access SampleResult via JavaScript.

The JMeter code is written in Java, and Javadoc is the standard way to
document the methods.
Otherwise you can always look at the Java source file.

> Can you provide an example?

I don't know how Javascript calls external methods, but I would
imagine it looks much like Java.

e.g. if var is a String, then var.length() would give the length.

in a BSF Post Processor script.

>> What I'd like to do is use a BSF Post Processor to create a jMeter parameter based
on the value of a field in the response.  If the field is empty, I need to assign a default
value to the parameter.  If the field is not empty, I can save the field value in the parameter.

>> I'd like to use JavaScript in my BSF Post Processor.  How do I reference the document
(or DOM) contained within the "prev" object?