jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couple of Queries. Please confirm. 1. Threads supported by single machine at a time? 2. What does it mean if warning appears in results?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:52:27 GMT
Hi.

The two questions are incompatible. And also number 2. creates problems
with number 1. Please read on the subject, it was already answered in the
mailing list before.

As for #1, let me give an example of a test I'm running at the moment (but
its not standard and it depends on the setup and this particular test):
 * test system:
      - machine used to generate traffic: dual processor (6 physical cores
each, 24 threads total) with 64Gb RAM, 15k RPM disks, running CentOS linux
      - jmeter 2.9 (also used 2.8 with comparable results)
 * test requirements:
      - generate 30 thousands requests per second