jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <mark.o.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Exit code as indicator of (functional) test outcome
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 19:09:51 GMT
I am in the process of integrating *discreet, functional unit
tests*(leveraging several JMeter capabilities) with an enterprise
monitoring
system (Orion). The monitoring system can integrate with any executable
based on exit status.

I've done some searching and read other threads from folks seemingly
searching for a similar capability.

I've come up with and successfully tested the following solution and wanted
to float it to the community to ask for feedback or other suggestions:

In the tesplan, I include a Generate Summary Results listener.
I wrap the execution of JMeter in a simple shell script used to evaluate
the string put to stdout by the listener:

#!/bin/bash
if java -jar ./apache-jmeter-2.9/bin/ApacheJMeter.jar -n -t x.jmx | grep "0
(0.00%)$"
then
  echo Success
  exit 0
else
  echo Failure
  exit 1
fi

I have noted that, in a long running test, Generate Summary Results will
output n+ lines over time. But it seems safe that the final line output
terminates ($) with the final overall error rate.

Anyone have any other cautions / considerations / approaches to this?

Thank you.

Mark