jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Damien Garrido <damien.garrido.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to send relative URL in the HTTP Request sampler ?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:09:36 GMT
2013/2/22 sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>

> On 22 February 2013 15:49, Damien.Garrido <Damien.Garrido.Work@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Is JMeter compliant with the 2616 (Hyper Text Protocol -- HTTP/1.1) and
> 3986
> > (Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax) RFCs ?
>
> JMeter uses 3 different external HTTP implementations:
> - Java
> - Apache HttpClient 3.1
> - Apache HttpComponents 4.x
>
> AFAIK these are RFC compliant.
>
> I meant: let me use a relative URI instead of forcing me using an absolute
URL.
I haven't used those implementation enough to say that they will let me use
a relative URI or not, and I haven't tested it yet, but I had a look at the
 implementation of JMeter, and it is using intensively the URL Java class
and not the URI Java class.
This URL class forces the scheme and hostname to be present, so I would say
that it not possible to use relative URI unless if some or all URL classes
are changed by URI classes in the JMeter source code... Or it does not come
from that point, and something else I haven't thought of yet is hassling
me! :/

> Is it possible to specify in the Request-Line of the HTTP request, an
> > abs_path (or path-absolute) form of a Request-URI as specified in the
> > paragraph 5.1.2 of the RFC 2616 ?
>
> Yes, though not directly, as JMeter does not create the request directly.
> The HTTP request is built by the HTTP implementation from the
> parameters JMeter provides, which in turn are provided by the test
> script.
>
> You can see the request in the Tree View Listener.
> Or use the Mirror Server to see exactly what is sent.

I saw in this Tree View Listerner that JMeter is sending a full URI, (and I
also checked with Wireshark...)

It looks like they all provide abs_path requests, for example:

> GET /abcd/def HTTP/1.1
> Host: a.b.c

I have to find what prevents me to get what you got...

> You can use the Header Manager to override the Host: header.

I'm already using this Header Manager to override the Host header, but it
seems that Apache isn't routing to the right virtual host if the URI is
absolute, or I'm missing something...

> Should I post on the dev mailing-list ?
>
> No.

Ok. :)