jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Luu <manga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: complex javascript actions in jmeter load test
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 03:17:37 GMT
 >> You can use webdriver from jmeter.  Create a webdriver class that
performs the requests and runs the javascript via the browser, then
run/call it from a BSF or JSR sampler.

Just to clarify, I take it that's only worthwhile to do (in terms of
scalability) when using PhantomJSDriver or HtmlUnitDriver or FirefoxDriver
(on Linux with xvfb) with JMeter this way?

Because otherwise, the browser GUI is the scalability limiting factor even
with JMeter and Grid deployment, and in that case, no difference in using
WebDriver outside JMeter to do performance tests except if one wants the
JMeter logging/reporting facilities to help performance test, because
there's no or minimal scalabiity gain.