jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Stott, Charlie" <CSt...@tnsi.com>
Subject RE: complex javascript actions in jmeter load test
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 02:59:30 GMT
You only need to include the javascript performance if you are testing browser performance.

I assume you are testing server performance, which is responding to AJAX requests, not to
javascript interpretation.  The interpretation produces a request which jmeter can emulate.

The clicking of the javascript button is incidental to the performance of the server.  If
the click MUST be emulated for whatever reason we don't understand, webdriver can do it.
But there is no point testing the performance of webdriver samples this way.  It is more useful
if it considered part of setup and teardown.  Why would you want the performance of the javascript,
the rendering of a button and a clicking event.  What do you gain from this?

Charlie

I'm
> > > interested
> > the