jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Long polling http request
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:12:17 GMT
On 23 January 2013 16:03, Jono <jonomacd@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not web sockets it is simply a long held http request.
> The method described
>  in the link would not work for me.  I need to act on the incoming data
> without dropping the connection.  Essentially I need to
> move on from the HTTP sampler to the next sampler but
> continue to hold the original http connection
> open and listen for the next incoming message.
>
> I do not want to close the HTTP request to validate the
> response data or move on to other test steps.  I
> expect more data to come down the from that HTTP
> request separated by new lines.
>
> I can't wait until all the data comes down as I have to act on it
> immediately.

In that case I think you will need to write your own sampler, as the
HTTP Samplers are not designed to return until the response is
complete.

You might be able to hack a solution using the

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#TCP_Sampler

Or you could perhaps extend one of the HTTP Samplers.