jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter Distributed Testing identifying bottlenecks
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:51:57 GMT
Hi,

All your questions are dependant on the particularities of your test and
application under test.
 1. It is not recommended to run a distributed test with many agents as
there are alternatives and they will all send the results to the master
which will create a too large amount of network traffic. If you still
choose this approach, at least read suggestions on how to best approach
such a test.

  2. there is no direct relation, it depends on your test and test machines
hardware. I wouldn't recommend running a distributed setup with that many
threads as you have better alternatives IMO.

 3.  both will work just fine on the same hardware. Its more dependant on
Java than OS capabilities at this point. use jmeter 2.8 as it fixes a
critical performance issue with large tests. As a personal preference, I
would choose Linux as it is easier to make scripts and configure multiple
Linux boxes than it is with Windows.

Cheers,
Adrian S