jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Jara <marceloj...@hotmail.com>
Subject Setting elapsed and latency times
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:30:47 GMT
I am trying something out. Let me know if it makes sense.
I wrote a groovy script that will get certain values from a server via JMX. For example, I
am getting heap used, thread count, class count, and CPU. I am currently writing this data
to a file and can process it at the end of the test.
However, I was thinking it may be worthwhile trying to create a sample called "CPU" and have
it's elapsed/latency time set to the CPU value. This way, CPU is treated like any other sampler
and we can see CPU over time.
What I have so far is a JSR223 Sampler with the groovy script. I then have a BeanShell PostProcessor.
In the BeanShell script, I can set the label and latency using:
prev.setSampleLabel("CPU");prev.setLatency(19);  //the value is hardcoded for now
This works, but now I am trying to set the elapsed time as well. I tried prev.setStampAndTime,
but that is not working.
ts = System.currentTimeMillis();prev.setStampAndTime(ts,19);

Problem in BeanShell script org.apache.jorphan.util.JMeterException: Error invoking bsh method:
eval	Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``prev.setSampleLabel("CPU"); ts = System.currentTimeMillis();
prev.setStampAndTim . . . '' : Method Invocation prev.setStampAndTime