jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Jara <marceloj...@hotmail.com>
Subject Using Jmeter in heterogeneous environment
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:24:23 GMT
This may be a unique situation. I currently develop my test plans on my desktop which is running
Microsoft Windows. The load agents that are responsible for the stress tests, however, are
on Linux servers. Is there a way Jmeter can detect which OS it's running on? The one case
where this is needed is when defining the location of the data files. From my desktop, I define
the path to a network share (e.g. \\netshare\jmeter\data). On the Linux agents, we mounted
that network share to /mnt. So when the test plan runs on the Linux agent, it needs to get
the data files from /mnt/jmeter/data.
For now, I've made the data file path a parameter that I can pass in to the test plan, but
was hoping a I can define both paths and have Jmeter decide which one to use depending on
which OS it's running on.
One way is to use an OS sampler in the setUp thread and try to perform a Windows only command
(dir ?) and see if it returns and error. I can then assume we're on a Linux server.
Thanks,
Marcelo