jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Stott, Charlie" <CSt...@tnsi.com>
Subject RE: How to make JMeter support transaction mix ?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:21:05 GMT
HI,

It's Charlie!

I am distributing tests randomly between txn type, and aiming to have a percentage of the
txns of each type.

You want to distribute on time, which is different.  My previous post was to give you hints,
I don't have time to write tutorials, sorry.

I imagine you will do something like:

Post process each txn, to sum the latency/response time.  You will gather a total for user
txns, and a total for manager txns.

Compare these totals for your 60/40 ratio, then use a switch/if controller to decide which
txn to perform next. I prefer switch as it only requires a single controller, whereas if requires
a controller for each condition (unless they recently added an 'else' capability).

Hope that helps,
Charlie