jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Single Java Request and multiple Sample Results
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 11:38:25 GMT
On 14 December 2012 06:12, Nalin Makar <nalin.makar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just came across
> public void addSubResult(SampleResult subResult)
> in SampleResult javadocs. Will try and see if this is the right way to go about it.
>
> If someone has any wise words around this use case, please do share.

I would suggest using separate samples for the login, op1, op2, op3 and logout.
Then use Transaction Controller to combine the samples.

That would make it easier to change the operations, and fit in better
with the normal JMeter way of doing things.

> Thanks,
> Nalin
>
> On Dec 13, 2012, at 9:29 PM, Nalin Makar <NALIN.MAKAR@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have searched extensively online and couldn't find a solution to my problem.
>>
>> We have a pretty good functional/automated coverage for the product that we are testing
and I would like to reused that code to also run load/perf tests.

>> We figured we'll use JavaSampler and implement AbstractJavaSamplerClient. So, in
a Java Request we wanted to do the following operations:

>> 1. In setupTest() --> do login
>> 2. In runTest() -->
>> a. Do op1
>> b. Do op2
>> c. Do op3
>> 3. In tearDownTest --> logout
>>
>> As, runTest() only returns a single SampleResult, I can only use that to report on
the overall status of running op1, op2 and op3. But I was wondering if there was a way to
report separate SampleResults for each of the 3 operations (op[1-3]).