jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: measuring time in "while" loop
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2012 01:23:54 GMT
On 7 December 2012 20:58, BOLB (Bohdan L Bodnar) <BOLB@panduit.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>

> Here is the problem:
>

> I've HTTP-based API calls to a particular system.  The system returns an error code that
is either negative (for success) or greater than zero (indicating the requested operation
has been started).

> In the event the return code is greater than zero, I poll the system using a "while"
loop.  In one of the calls, I'm using the following in the "while" controller:  ${__javaScript(${DEL_CAT1_STATUS}
> 0)}.  The portion of the script looks as follows:

START = ${__time}

> WHILE CONTROLLER
>
>                 HTTP REQUEST (this is the API call)
>
>                                 REGULAR EXPRESSION EXTRACTOR (to get “DEL_CAT1_STATUS”)
>
>                 DELAY

ELAPSED = ${__longSum($__time,-${START})}

> I want to measure the total time spent in this “while” loop (this is for statistical
analysis).  High accuracy isn’t all that important – the loop will spin at least a dozen
or so times and the delay probably swamp measurement error.

> Any suggestions?

See above.

You could then log it using the log function or use it in a Java Sampler.

Or of course you could enclose the entire loop in a Transaction Controller.