jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shay Ginsbourg <sginsbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMX file->open duration
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:18:05 GMT
Indeed, here are my findings, as follows:

Opening a 1 MB JMX with Jmeter 2.8 (regardless of the HW specification) is
under 5 seconds, either on a Linux or a Windows system.
With 2 MB file size, the user would have to wait under 10 seconds.
However, with 5 MB, the user would have to wait approximately 200 seconds
(over 3 minutes!) just to have Jmeter 2.8 open the JMX.

Are those measurements known to all?

Can the simple operation of file opening be optimized?