jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Eric Chaves <e...@craftti.com.br>
Subject Re: Load Test from an elastic cloud
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:06:13 GMT
I think it's targeted for AWS only, although it shouldn't be hard to modify
the script for other IaaS, like Joyent, Azure and alike. I myself am an AWS
heavy user, so never tried it with other clouds.

I don't know HP Compute, but assuming it's an IaaS cloud provider, it goes
as said above. Google engine, as far as I know, is PaaS only, so I don't
believe you will be able to run jmeter in it. Also, even thou it might be
possible to run load tests in PaaS, I'm very skeptical about if it would
produce good results.

If you wan't to get rid of the burden of installation and set-up then it
would be better to go for a SaaS service. There is a couple of them that
offer load testes in SaaS, like Blazemeter (jmeter based), Blitz.io,
loadtest.com among others.

Cheers,

Eric