jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BOLB (Bohdan L Bodnar)" <B...@panduit.com>
Subject measuring time in "while" loop
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 20:58:13 GMT
Greetings!

Here is the problem:

I've HTTP-based API calls to a particular system.  The system returns an error code that is
either negative (for success) or greater than zero (indicating the requested operation has
been started).

In the event the return code is greater than zero, I poll the system using a "while" loop.
 In one of the calls, I'm using the following in the "while" controller:  ${__javaScript(${DEL_CAT1_STATUS}
> 0)}.  The portion of the script looks as follows:

WHILE CONTROLLER

                HTTP REQUEST (this is the API call)

                                REGULAR EXPRESSION EXTRACTOR (to get "DEL_CAT1_STATUS")

                DELAY

I want to measure the total time spent in this "while" loop (this is for statistical analysis).
 High accuracy isn't all that important - the loop will spin at least a dozen or so times
and the delay probably swamp measurement error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bo

[LearnAboutUPI-icons-notrademrks]<http://www.panduit.com/upi>