jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "lang.and.engine" <language.and.engineer...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I translate JMeter's Online-manual into other languages?
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 06:31:39 GMT
Hi,

I have a question about translating the online-documentation of JMeter.

User's Manual :
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/index.html

In my mother tongue there are no resources translated and we have hardships
in using jmeter effectively, though they all appreciate jmeter as the
defact standard
performance testing tool.

So in order that jmeter prevail much more we need translation of the
official
online manual...

Then, can I translate it and publish on web that anyone can see it for
free?

All the translated articled should be under Apache License, I think,
and I'm planning my translating task done gradually, day by day section
by section,
so currently I'm thinking about translating user manual on my blog or etc.

I will make it clear on the translated articles that those are origined
from the official online resources
and are licensed under Apache License.

Would this cause any troubles in respect of licenses or something else?

I hope to get answer and sincerely wish to contribute to gain much more
advantages of this great tool.

Regards,
lang.and.engine